Saturday, September 1, 2007

Brownies That I've Been Meaning to Try for Ages


I've seen this recipe floating around all over the place, and since I'm a sucker for a recipe with few ingredients I had to try it. I've never made brownies from scratch (one of these days I will), but I've become a bit of a brownie mix connoisseur. And I've learned 2 tricks for the perfect brownie after many years of baking brownies from a mix:

1. Always double the recipe (i.e., 2 boxes go into one pan)
2. Always use a glass baking pan

Follow these tips and you end up with super fudgey brownies every time. I'm going to be honest, unlike what most comments on this recipe said, I can definitely tell the difference between these brownies and the brownies you make by following the recipe on the box. But if you let them sit overnight, the pumpkin flavor is less overwhelming and the more delicious the brownie. They are super moist and very fudgy. Definitely worth trying!

Onto the recipe:
Ingredients:
2 boxes of brownie mix
30 oz canned pumpkin
1/3 cup water

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a huge bowl. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the pan comes out clean. Servings: 60 (bite-size pieces, picture above is approx. 2 servings)

Nutritional Info (per serving):

Calories: 85.4
Total Fat: 1.7 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 77.8 mg
Total Carbs: 17.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 1.5 g

No comments: