Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Light and Basic Cherry Crisp

I figured I'd post this one while cherries are still in season. I made this a few weeks ago, so unfortunately I don't have a pic to go with the recipe. I promise to remember to take pics for recipes I make going forward.

Ingredients
4 cups pitted fresh or frozen cherries
2/3 cup splenda (you can substitute with sugar if you prefer)
4 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick light butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine cherries, splenda, and 4 tablespoons flour. Pour into 8x8 pan.
In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, oats, and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over cherries. Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.

Number of Servings: 12

Nutritional info (Per serving):
Calories: 127.4
Total Fat: 4.6 g
Cholesterol: 13.4 mg
Sodium: 62.8 mg
Total Carbs: 22.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 2.0 g

No comments: